Wednesday, January 8, 2014

About Travelling Papilles





I'am Chantal or Chanty for those who want to call me like that. Chanty is the way my family calls me... A few words about me. I currently live in France, near Paris and as you can bet, I'am a food lover and passionate about travels. I can't dissociate those two hobbies. 

Over the last few years I traveled a lot all around the culinary world of the blogs.And then I've decided to put my culinary bags here and to share with you my passion for cooking. 

I’ve always thought culinaries traditions are a sharing but above all a legacy. Those traditions have been passed down through thgenerations

Usually modified, revisited, reinterpreted and sometimes sublimated by all of us, cooking is more than a necessity, it's became an art, a fashion.
Cooking also often defines a way of life. But it is still what binds Human Being.

Why Travelling Papilles?(It means Travelling Taste Buds) 
I had the opportunity to grow up in a multicultural family where mom's Haitian cuisine complemented African (my father was from Central Africa) and European dishes. 

Later becoming adult, the travels and meetings have expanded my kitchen.
Today and more than ever I like experimenting new dishes, and to give a try to new ingredients. 

When I visit a new country, my second interest after the people who live there is for local dishes and its ingredients.

It’s no doubt that my kitchen has been influenced by all those interactions and by nice people I met and who kindly told me about their traditional dishes or gave me their recipes.

I would like to dedicate this blog to my mom who taught me so much and who’s still teaching me and also to all good food lovers. 

I already thank you for stopping by here and for your comments. 

Please note: 

I also talk about places, restaurants, groceries,countries I visited or culinary products or ingredients I've tried. This just reflects my opinion.

For inquiries,please leave a message on travellingpapilles@blogspot.fr 


I'll be glad to See you soon here,Chanty

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chanty!
    Thank you for stopping by at my blog. You have a lovely blog too. 2 blogs? Wow! Most of your recipes are something that I've never eaten.Would love to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prash,thank you so much for stopped by. Communicating in English was the best way to share with and learn from people in the world. And I also like speaking and writing in my mother tongue which is French. It is the reason why I've decided to have two blogs lol! I love your blog full of nice recipes. I'am sure I will learn a lot about Indian food. And I hope one day you will give a try to the blog's recipes.
      Have a lovely day
      Read you soon
      Chantal

      Delete